- Get Fit with Sony Ericsson Xperia Active – A Handset for the Fitness FreaksPosted 601 days ago
- Enjoy the 3D Motion Gaming with Sony Ericsson Xperia AcroPosted 601 days ago
- Kodak EasyShare Touch M5370 Compact Camera ReviewPosted 602 days ago
- Canon PowerShot SX40 HS Super Zoom Camera ReviewPosted 603 days ago
- Comparison Between The Best Samsung Mobile PhonesPosted 603 days ago
- HTC Sensation XE With Beats Audio Set To Release In OctoberPosted 603 days ago
- LG Optimus Hub Mobile Phone ReviewPosted 603 days ago
How To Add USB Tethering Feature on AT&Ts Samsung Focus
This solution, however, is intended for Samsung Focus and bears some risk factors such as breach of terms of AT&T. But AT&T did bear with iPhone tetherers prior to official launching of the attribute. In case of limited data plan for AT&T, users looking for USB tethering onto their Samsung Focus phones can be overcharged for downloading media via torrent or YouTube.
Users will have to follow the below stated eight steps to unlock USB tethering feature on their Samsung Focus handset.
The very first step is the installation of Zune software on PC. Then, the users should dial ##634# without connecting the Samsung Focus handset. On doing so, the screen displays a diagnostics mode. Users need not pay no attention to it and continue to dial *#7284#.
Users, after that, should switch to ‘Modem, Tethered Call’ and wait till the phone restarts. Now, users can connect their Samsung Focus handset to their PC through USB cable and wait till the essential drivers are installed. After complete installation process is over, the users should go either to Network and sharing Center or to the Control Panel to check the settings of the modem of Samsung.
After this, a series of adjustments will follow. Users have to set the number as *9***1# and the username as WAP@CINGULARGPRS.COM. Users should set the password to CINGULAR1. Once all the settings are correct, users can press the ‘Connect’ button. In case, users opt for syncing Zune software over USB, they should go back to diagnostics mode. The next step would be to switch to Zune Sync back again.
If users want to spare themselves from these steps and like to have USB tethering feature effortlessly, they should wait for the upcoming update for Windows Phone 7. The official update will be hassle-free and wouldn’t need your understanding the nitty-gritty’s of the task. Also, the official update will be legal. But to avail of the official update, users will have to spend extra bucks.